Logo
Dr. Haubitz GmbH & Co. KG
Innovation. Flexibility. Responsiveness.
System components for the automotive industry

Systematic stability and heritage going back over 60 years

A medium-sized family concern with a grasp of the future

As a medium-sized family concern, Dr. Haubitz GmbH & Co. KG can look back over a steady, successful development in its growth over more than 60 years. After the company was founded in 1956 by Dr. Joachim Haubitz, it was Werner Schirmer and, later, also Hans Schultes, that have guided the enterprise through latter years as managing shareholders. Today, over 240 employees work in a space covering around 14,000 m².

From 2011 to now

  • On 1 August 2011, the first products from our new assembly plant at Monhofer Feld are shipped
  • 2016 Dr. Haubitz GmbH & Co. KG celebrates its 60th anniversary
  • 2016 We improve our system and process quality and achieve ISO TS 16949 certification

2000 to 2010

  • 2000 Co-founder of the company, Anneliese Haubitz, leaves the company
  • 2000 Dipl.-Ing. Hans Schultes joins the Management team
  • 2002 The enterprise is certified to DIN ISO 9001 and VDA 6.1
  • 2003 Production of bulky parts is facilitated with the commissioning of a new injection moulding machine (800 t)
  • 2004 Expansion of the production buildings, new material storage warehouse built with indoor silos
  • 2005 New warehouse built with 1000 m² of space
  • 2006 Dr. Haubitz GmbH & Co. KG celebrates its 50th anniversary
  • 2007 The new engineering office is opened in Sindelfingen
  • 2008 Beginning of the construction phase of an additional production and assembly block
  • 2009 The machine park is extended by the installation of two new injection moulding machines (800 t and 1600 t) for bulky components
  • 2009 The cleanroom laboratory for residual dirt analysis is commissioned

90s

  • Dr. Joachim Haubitz, founder of the company, dies on 8 December 1994 aged 79
  • 1997 The company premises on Scheffelstrasse, rented from the city council of Solingen up to this point, is finally purchased outright
  • 1997 Construction work begins on a large external warehouse and a new production block

80s

  • 1985 Werner Schirmer joins the company as a Managing Director
  • New customers in the automotive industry are activated

70s

  • 1972 Spacers for PA cables are manufactured exclusively for the Olympic Games in Munich
  • To provide a second production location, the premises of the Karl Wieden cigarette lighter factory at number 26 Scheffelstrasse are taken over
  • 1979 A fire in the night of 26 July destroys the production building at the Alemannenstrasse facility. In record time, 32 machines, of which 17 were new injection moulding machines, are transferred to number 26 Scheffelstrasse. Production continues without a shortfall at the new location

60s

  • 1964 Expansion of the machine park to 3 injection moulding machines
  • 1965 Move to Solingen, to 11-13 Alemannenstrasse

50s

  • Dr. Haubitz GmbH & Co.KG is founded on 1 April 1956 by Dr. Joachim Haubitz and his wife, Anneliese, in the Wiescheid suburb of Langenfeld
  • 1959 First series production job received from Volkswagen to make the flower vases for VW Beetles
  • 1959 Move from Langenfeld to Solingen, Becher Mühle